Bells

St. Peter's Bells

 

Four bells were installed in the tower, 3 of which remain today and weigh 6, 7 & 8 cwt.  The oldest (1560) B flat inscribed ‘SAD T.HAP DH;  C (1627) ‘Jesus be our spede’ and the A flat (1689) ‘William Sherman, William Axsen, Wardens’.


The fourth bell now hangs in St. Luke’s Church, Goostrey from when it was used to pay off a parish debt.

Tower Clock

 

The tower clock of 1869 was rebuilt in 1949 and strikes on the hour.