17 Century Pulpit

A major reconstruction took place in 1722 when the half timbered building was encased in brick and the present tower added. 

The pulpit dates from around 1770, although the stone base is much older pre-Reformation.

Church records show the accounts for March 26th 1722 having purchased 100,000 bricks at a cost of £60.0.0 and ‘for setting up ye bricks £1.17.0.’